Home  /  Cathedral of the Holy Cross – The Chapel of Our Lady of Fire

Cathedral of the Holy Cross – The Chapel of Our Lady of Fire

0
Inside the Cathedral of Santa Croce it is possible to admire the beauty of the chapel of the Madonna del Fuoco, which was built in the years 1619-36 by the Faentine architect Domenico Paganelli, whose masterpiece it is considered to be. The chapel is covered by an octagonal dome with a high tambour which features a fresco finished in tempera by Carlo Cignani begun perhaps in 1686 and finished in 1706. In the niches under the pendentives are statues of the four evangelists by the Bolognese sculptor Giuseppe Maria Mazza, while the stucco putti are by Filippo Balugani. On the inner face of the entrance arch is The Miracle of the Madonna del Fuoco, by Pompeo Randi.

Cathedral of the Holy Cross – The Chapel of Our Lady of Fire

Piazza Ordelaffi, 1, 47121 Forlì FC, Italy

Contact the property