The Diocesan Museum of Sassari is located inside the Cathedral, in the Sacristy of the Beneficiaries and in the crypt of the Church of San Michele. On display are vestments from the 19th-20th centuries, furnishings from various periods and a number of reliquaries, including those of St Sebastian and St Blaise. There is also the gold of the Assumption, a small survey of the styles of jewellery in use in Sassari from the 17th to the 19th century. Also of particular value are the liturgical silverware from the 17th to the 19th century and the early 19th century, the three ebony crucifixes from the mid-17th to the early 18th century and the imposing Rococo Eucharistic throne. The exhibition is completed by several 20th century chalices, one of which was donated by John Paul II, Archbishop Mazzotti's monstrance, made in 1948 to a design by Eugenio Tavolara, and the oil amphora, a gift from Archbishop Isgrò for the Jubilee 2000.
Diocesan Museum – Vestments, furnishings and reliquaries
Zona Industriale Predda Niedda Nord, Sassari, SS 07100, 07100 Sassari SS, Italy