Home  /  Ducal Palace – The bell of duty

Ducal Palace – The bell of duty

0
Since 1947, the interior of Palazzo Ducale has been home to the Military Academy, the only Italian institute that trains Army officers for permanent service, which originates from the Central Italian Military School, later known as the Infantry School, established in 1859. Every November, at the opening of the academic year, the 'bell of duty' rings, a copy of the one donated in 1678 to the Savoy Academy of Turin by its founder Maria Giovanna Battista of Savoy-Nemours; the bell is now hung between the columns of the courtyard, once the entrance square of the old castle.

Ducal Palace – The bell of duty

Piazza Roma, 15, 41121 Modena MO, Italy

Contact the property