Home  /  House of Petrarch –

House of Petrarch –

0
At the beginning of 1348, Francesco Petrarca decided to move to Padua after being invited by Jacopo II dei Carraresi. Two months after his arrival in the city, he was appointed canon of the cathedral by the Bishop of Padua, a friend of his, who in return for a little help with some liturgical functions gave him a house in the immediate vicinity of the church, the building at number 28 Via Dietro Duomo. The interior cannot be seen, but it is truly wonderful. The house has two floors, decorated with frescoes: on the ground floor there is a stable for the horses, a courtyard for the hens and two rooms. The upper floor contained other rooms, including the poet's study.

Contact the property