Between 1891 and 1894, as soccer fever started spreading across Piedmont, two different clubs (one of them owned by the Duke of Aosta) formed in Turin, both bearing the city's name. The two later fused into a single entity known as F.C. Torino, garbed in black-and-yellow jerseys. The club was born on December 3, 1906 inside what was then the Voigt alehouse, now bar Norman. A short time later the team's uniform switched to a vivid maroon known as "granata", a tribute to the Duke of Aosta. Thus began the history of the glorious "Toro".