Leonardo da Vinci's vineyard was a vineyard that Ludovico il Moro gave to Leonardo da Vinci, while he was still working on The Last Supper, as a gesture of gratitude for the work he had done. The vineyard was located beyond the Porta Vercellina district of Milan, near Borgo delle Grazie, on the land of the large vineyard of San Vittore. When the French invaded the Duchy of Milan, forcing Ludovico il Moro to flee, the vineyard was requisitioned and only returned to its rightful owner in 1507. When Leonardo died in 1513, it was divided into two parts. Five centuries later, in 2015, on the occasion of Expo 2015, a new 'Vineyard of Leonardo da Vinci' was built near the original site. Through a scientific examination of plant remains in the area, the variety of vines cultivated in the past was also identified.