The historical core of the Museum of Archaeological Sciences and Art consists of the collection donated in 1733 by Marco Mantova Benavides, a jurist from Padua, who collected it with passion in the 16th century. Today the exhibition area is organised into 4 main sections and 14 rooms. The first section, contained in a single room, is dedicated to Padua's collection of art and antiquities: the Mantova Benavides collection (sculptures, sketches and ancient and Renaissance ceramics) is on display here. This is followed by the 12 rooms of the educational archaeology section, arranged according to the chronology and type of materials: bronzes, glass, ceramics from ancient Egypt to Roman times. In the twelfth room there is an information and catalogue consultation point. The last two sections house a plaster cast collection and a lithological collection.