The Museum of the Shroud of Turin, set up in the crypt of the Church of the Holy Shroud, is the place permanently dedicated not only to devotion, but also to dissemination, study and knowledge of the Holy Linen. Apart from the periodic exhibitions or the chapel in Turin Cathedral where it is kept but not visible, it is above all here that it is possible to approach the Linen in depth. The Museum offers comprehensive information on sindonological research from the 16th century to the present day, covering historical, scientific, devotional and artistic aspects. In particular, one wing is dedicated to a scientific path that illustrates the evolution of the researches started more than a century ago, in 1898. The other part of the museum traces the history - both hypothetical and certain - of the Shroud and its veneration from the second half of the 15th century.