The executive project of the Spoleto-Norcia railway was presented in 1913. Work continued slowly due to the First World War and the financial straits of the construction company. After 13 years, in November 1926, the 52 km route was inaugurated and remained open until 9 July 1968, when the decree was signed to close the railway. Today the Spoleto-Norcia Railway Museum aims to have the dual function of a cultural container of the Spoleto-Norcia railway and a station for soft mobility. In fact, the railway line has been identified as a privileged axis of the soft mobility network, which also includes the Spoleto-Assisi cycle path and the Sentiero degli Ulivi. The current museum layout, in addition to various reproductions, includes documents, images and objects of the railway.