Home  /  The ancient monastery –

The ancient monastery –

0
There was a monastery, no more visible today, with four cloisters including St. Raffaele and St. Simpliciano at Via Santa Radegonda. It was a double monastery and it preserved several relics: a chip of the Cross, a thorn, a strip of the veil of the Holy May and Maddalena. The monastery was suppressed under Emperor Joseph II: the nuns moved to Santa Prassede (today's Justice Palace) and subsequently the present road was completed in 1781.

Contact the property