The fountain in front of Castello Sforzesco was called by Milanese people as "Turta di spus" ("Wedding Cake") because of its circular structure and fan-shaped spurt. It was built in 1934 for a gathering of the veterans from Abyssinia and Mussolini. The fountain was removed during the Second World War and again in 1959 due to the construction of the subway. Afterwards, nobody knew where the fountain was. Stories told that it was in Tunisia at the villa of the Italian Prime Minister of that time, Bettino Craxi, until it was finally found at a municipal storehouse. Since March 2000, the fountain is at its original place and it has become a meeting point for all the people in Milan.