Here is a list of 10 things to see in Aosta during a trip:
1. Arch of Augustus: An ancient Roman arch built in 25 BC in honour of the Emperor Augustus.
2. Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta: A magnificent cathedral church, dating back to the 19th century. Inside you can admire frescoes and works of art.
3. Roman Theatre: An ancient Roman structure dating back to the 1st century AD and located in the heart of the city. You can visit the amphitheatre and the adjoining museum.
4. Forensic Cryptoporticus: An ancient underground structure from Roman times, used as a market and meeting place.
5. Regional Archaeological Museum: One of the best archaeological museums in northern Italy, housing a vast collection of Roman and prehistoric artefacts.
6. Fénis Castle: A well-preserved medieval castle located a few kilometres from Aosta. You can visit the interiors and decorated rooms.
7. Gran Paradiso National Park: Located near Aosta, the park offers spectacular mountain scenery, hiking trails and rich wildlife.
8. Sanctuary of Notre-Dame de Guérison: An ancient sanctuary located on a hill overlooking Aosta. It offers a splendid view of the city and the Aosta Valley.
9. Historic Village of Bard: A picturesque medieval village located on the road to Aosta. It is famous for its fort, the Fort of Bard, which houses a contemporary art museum.
10. Terme di Pré-Saint-Didier: Located about 30 minutes' drive from Aosta, these spas are famous for their thermal waters. You can relax and enjoy a thermal bath in the picturesque mountain environment.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!