Here is a list of 10 things to see in Ascoli Piceno during a trip:
1. Piazza del Popolo: This is the city's main square, considered one of the most beautiful in Italy, with its characteristic elliptical shape and historical buildings.
2. Cathedral of Sant'Emidio: This magnificent cathedral has a Gothic façade and a Baroque interior. Inside is the chapel where the relics of Sant'Emidio, the patron saint of Ascoli Piceno, are kept.
3. Ponte di Cecco: This medieval bridge over the Tronto river is one of the symbols of Ascoli Piceno. You can walk along the bridge and admire the panoramic view of the city.
4. Torre dell'Arengo: This 13th century crenellated tower is one of the main medieval monuments in Ascoli Piceno. It is located next to the Piazza del Popolo and offers a spectacular view of the city.
5. Church of San Francesco: This Franciscan church dates back to the 13th century and is known for its wonderful cycle of Renaissance frescoes.
6. Palazzo dei Capitani del Popolo: This imposing palace, located on the Piazza del Popolo, is an example of Gothic architecture. Today it houses a museum that tells the history of the city.
7. Ventidio Basso Theatre: This 19th century neoclassical theatre is considered one of the most beautiful in the Marche region. You can visit the interior and admire its majesty.
8. Pinacoteca Civica: This art museum houses a collection of paintings, sculptures and other artefacts, including works by local and international artists.
9. Church of San Vittore: This Romanesque church, located in the old town, is famous for its medieval frescoes and underground crypt.
10. Monti Sibillini National Park: If you have time, it is worth visiting the Monti Sibillini National Park, located near Ascoli Piceno. This park offers beautiful hikes, breathtaking views and rich flora and fauna.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!