Here is a list of 10 things to see in Cagliari during a trip:
1. San Michele Castle: This ancient castle offers a panoramic view of the city and also houses an interesting archaeological museum.
2. Roman Amphitheatre: This ancient amphitheatre can seat up to 10,000 spectators and is an important historical site.
3. Santa Maria Cathedral: This beautiful Gothic cathedral is Cagliari's main religious building and features a richly decorated interior.
4. Bastion of Saint Remy: This imposing fortified structure offers spectacular views over the city and is also home to several cafés and restaurants.
5. Historic quarter of Castello: This charming medieval quarter is full of picturesque narrow streets, ancient churches and city views.
6. Parco Naturale Molentargius-Saline: This nature reserve is famous for its salt pans and home to a wide variety of birds, including the famous pink flamingos.
7. Municipal Art Gallery: This art museum houses a collection of works by local and international artists.
8. Poetto: This long white sandy beach is perfect for relaxing, swimming or water sports.
9. Mercato di San Benedetto: This lively food market offers a wide selection of fresh local produce and regional specialities.
10. Necropolis of Tuvixeddu: This ancient archaeological site is an important testimony to the history of the ancient city of Cagliari, with tombs carved into the rock.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!