Here are ten things to see in Campobasso on a trip:
1. The Monforte Castle: a splendid medieval fortress located in the heart of the city, offering a panoramic view of the city and its surroundings.
2. The Holy Trinity Cathedral: a majestic church dating back to the 13th century, with Gothic architecture and exceptional frescoes and interior decorations.
3. The Villa De Capoa: a public park offering green areas, gardens, fountains and a panoramic view of the city.
4. The Museo Sannitico: an archaeological museum housing a vast collection of Samnite artefacts dating back to the pre-Roman period.
5. The Ceramics Museum: a museum dedicated to Campobasso's ceramic tradition, with a large collection of artefacts and works of art.
6. The Savoia Theatre: a historic theatre, opened in 1877, which hosts plays, concerts and cultural events.
7. Piazza Prefettura: Campobasso's main square, surrounded by important historical buildings, including the Palazzo della Prefettura and the Church of San Bartolomeo.
8. Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise: a nature reserve covering over 500 square kilometres and offering a wide variety of flora and fauna, ideal for nature lovers and hikers.
9. The Museo Internazionale delle Arti Contadine (International Museum of Rural Arts): a museum illustrating the rural and agricultural life of the region through a collection of traditional tools, objects and implements.
10. The National Gallery of Modern Art: an art gallery housing works by Italian and international artists from the last two centuries.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!