Here is a list of 10 things to see in Como on a trip:
1. Duomo di Como: This majestic Gothic cathedral, located in the historic centre of Como, is a must-see with its elaborate façade and frescoes inside.
2. Como's lakeside promenade: Stroll along the shores of Lake Como and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and fascinating buildings along the shore.
3. Como-Brunate funicular railway: Take the funicular railway to the hilltop town of Brunate above Como. Here you will enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the town and lake.
4. Villa Olmo: This beautiful neoclassical lakeside villa is surrounded by lush gardens and is open to the public. It is a perfect place for a quiet stroll.
5. Tempio Voltiano: This museum dedicated to the famous Italian scientist Alessandro Volta gives you the opportunity to learn about the history of electricity through interactive exhibitions.
6. The Teatro Sociale di Como: If you are an art and entertainment lover, visit this historic theatre that offers a wide range of theatre, music and opera performances.
7. Como market: To immerse yourself in the daily life of the city, visit the city market. Here you can buy fresh local produce, clothing and handicrafts.
8. The Temple of San Fedele: This 16th century Baroque church is an excellent example of religious architecture and offers a peaceful atmosphere for a quiet visit.
9. Villa del Balbianello: Situated atop a peninsula on Lake Como, this historic villa offers a magnificent landscaped garden and charming interiors, as well as breathtaking views.
10. The Broletto: This ancient municipal palace, dating back to the 13th century, is an example of medieval architecture and offers panoramic views of the city and lake.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!