Here are ten things to see in Forlì during a trip:
1. Museo di San Domenico: One of the city's most important museums, it houses a vast collection of art and history, with works by artists such as Piero della Francesca and Marco Palmezzano.
2. Palazzo Comunale: Located in Forlì's main square, the town hall is a historic building with an imposing façade and a beautiful inner courtyard.
3. Rocca di Ravaldino: One of the most famous medieval fortresses in Italy, the Rocca di Ravaldino offers a panoramic view of the city and hosts occasional events and exhibitions.
4. Forlimpopoli Archaeological Museum: Located near Forlì, the museum offers an overview of Roman history and civilisation, with archaeological finds and a collection of mosaics.
5. Abbey of San Mercuriale: An elegant Romanesque abbey located in the historical centre of Forlì, it is known for its high bell tower and beautiful façade.
6. Pinacoteca Civica: An art museum housing a vast collection of paintings, sculptures and ceramics, with works ranging from the Italian Renaissance to the contemporary.
7. Parco urbano delle Alpi: A large park in the heart of the city, ideal for a relaxing stroll or for outdoor activities such as jogging or cycling.
8. San Pietro in Silvis: One of the oldest churches in the area, it is an example of early Christian architecture and is worth a visit for its beauty and historical significance.
9. Museo Internazionale delle Ceramiche: Located in the nearby town of Faenza, the museum is dedicated to ceramics and houses a vast collection of works of art, as well as temporary exhibitions and events.
10. Teatro Diego Fabbri: A modern theatre that hosts performances of theatre, dance, music and other art forms, it is an ideal place to enjoy a cultural evening during your stay in Forlì.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!