Here is a list of 10 things to see in La Spezia during a trip:
1. The historic centre: Stroll through the charming narrow streets of the city centre with its pastel-coloured buildings and traditional shops.
2. San Giorgio Castle: Visit this imposing fortress that offers spectacular panoramic views of the city and harbour.
3. The Naval Technical Museum: Learn about the region's maritime history through displays of model ships, seafaring equipment and photographs.
4. La Passeggiata Morin: Enjoy a seaside stroll along La Spezia's famous promenade and admire the beautiful Golfo dei Poeti.
5. The Regional Natural Park of Porto Venere: Take a boat trip to this enchanting seaside village with its colourful houses and striking church of San Pietro.
6. The Cinque Terre: Get to know the famous five villages of the Cinque Terre - Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore - with their characteristic colourful houses and breathtaking views.
7. The Amedeo Lia Museum: Admire the art collection that includes works by important Italian artists such as Tintoretto, Titian, Canaletto and Van Dyck.
8. The Mercato Centrale: Explore the lively and colourful market, where you can find fresh local produce and delicacies.
9. Palazzo delle Arti: Visit this historic building that hosts temporary art exhibitions, film screenings and theatre performances.
10. Church of Santa Maria Assunta: Admire the elegant architecture of this church located in the historical centre and discover the frescoes and artworks inside.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!