Here is a list of 10 things to see in L'Aquila during a trip:
1. Basilica di Santa Maria di Collemaggio: one of L'Aquila's most important places of worship, with a Romanesque façade.
2. Fountain of the 99 Spouts: an iconic monumental fountain with 99 masks and spouts, a symbol of the city.
3. Rocca Calascio Castle: a majestic medieval fortress located near L'Aquila, offering spectacular views of the Sibillini mountains.
4. Abruzzo National Museum: located in the Spanish Castle, it houses important collections of art and archaeological finds.
5. Church of San Bernardino: a beautiful Renaissance church with a spectacular interior and frescoes of important artistic value.
6. The Fontana Luminosa: located in Piazza Duomo, it is a modern fountain that offers a spectacle of light and colour at night.
7. Basilica di San Bernardino: an important place of worship dedicated to Saint Bernardine of Siena, with a Gothic façade and a richly decorated interior.
8. L'Aquila Museum of Contemporary Art: located in the Palazzo Ardinghelli, it houses a vast collection of modern and contemporary art.
9. Piazza del Duomo: L'Aquila's main square, surrounded by important historical buildings, such as the Basilica of Santa Maria di Collemaggio and the Bishop's Palace.
10. Borgo Rivera: a picturesque historical area of L'Aquila, with medieval streets and ancient architecture. It offers a pleasant stroll among characteristic shops and cafés.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!