Here is a list of 10 things to see in Lecco during a trip:
1. Lake Como: Lecco is located on the shores of Lake Como, which offers breathtaking views and numerous leisure activities such as swimming, sailing and boat trips.
2. Punta di Bellagio: Located on the tip of the Bellagio promontory, this area offers panoramic views of Lake Como and the surrounding mountains.
3. Manzoni Promenade: This lakeside promenade is dedicated to the famous Italian writer Alessandro Manzoni, who spent much of his life in Lecco. Along the route are monuments and historical places related to his life and works.
4. Villa Manzoni: This neoclassical villa is the house where Alessandro Manzoni lived for many years and is now a museum dedicated to his life and work.
5. Church of San Nàicolò: This majestic Gothic church is located in the centre of Lecco and houses important works of art, including frescoes by the Florentine painter Bernardino Luini.
6. Piani d'Erna: Located on the slopes of Mount Resegone, the Piani d'Erna are an ideal destination for lovers of nature and outdoor activities. You can hike, climb and enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding area.
7. Vezio Castle: Located above Lake Como, Vezio Castle offers a panoramic view of the area and also hosts falconry shows.
8. Ponte Azzone Visconti: Built during the medieval period, this bridge is one of the symbols of Lecco and an ideal place for a romantic walk.
9. Old town: The old town of Lecco is a district of medieval origin, characterised by narrow alleys, picturesque squares and historical buildings. It is an ideal place to stroll and discover the history and culture of the city.
10. Museo Civico di Lecco: Located in the Palazzo Belgiojoso, this museum offers a vast collection of works of art and historical artefacts that tell the story of Lecco and its territory.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!