Here is a list of 10 things to see in Macerata on a trip:
1. Sferisterio - One of the city's most famous and iconic landmarks, it is an open-air amphitheatre that hosts opera and theatre performances during the Itria Valley Festival.
2. Piazza della Libertà - Macerata's main square, characterised by a lively atmosphere and surrounded by historical buildings. It is an ideal place for a stroll or to take a break in one of the local cafés.
3. Palazzo Buonaccorsi - A Renaissance palace that houses the Carriage Museum, where you can admire various historical carriages and discover the history of transport.
4. The Clock Tower - Located in the historical centre, this medieval tower is one of Macerata's main attractions. As you climb its steps, you can enjoy a splendid panoramic view of the city.
5. Church of San Paolo - This Baroque church is famous for its elaborate decorations and works of art inside. It is a historical place of worship that is definitely worth a visit.
6. Mozzi-Borgetti Library - Not only a library, but also an architectural jewel of Macerata. The building houses a vast collection of rare books and ancient manuscripts.
7. Giardino delle Rimembranze - A quiet public park located on Monte San Giusto, it offers a great view of the city and a relaxing atmosphere perfect for a stroll.
8. Church of Santa Maria della Misericordia - A Renaissance church with a charming façade and richly decorated interior. It is a significant place of worship in the city's history.
9. Archaeological Museum - Located in the historical centre of Macerata, this museum offers a rich collection of archaeological finds that tell the story of the surrounding area.
10. Monte Conero Park - Although not exactly in Macerata, the Monte Conero Park is an attractive destination nearby that is well worth a visit. It offers beautiful beaches, hiking trails and breathtaking views of the Adriatic coastline.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!