Here are 10 things to see in Ragusa on a trip:
1. The historical centre: The historical centre of Ragusa, known as Ragusa Ibla, is a charming pedestrian area with narrow, winding streets, old churches and Baroque palaces. It is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. St George's Cathedral: This beautiful Baroque cathedral is located at the highest point of the old town. Admire its architectural details and visit the interior to discover the religious works and decorations.
3. The Public Garden: Ragusa's public garden is an oasis of tranquillity in the heart of the city. Enjoy a pleasant stroll among the flowers and plants, or take a break while sitting on a bench.
4. Palazzo Cosentini: This Baroque palace is one of the most important in the city. Admire its richly decorated façade and get an insight into the aristocratic life of the past by visiting its rooms and halls.
5. St Joseph's Church: This Baroque church is another architectural gem in Dubrovnik. Admire its façade and visit the interior to discover the artwork and frescoes.
6. Ponte Vecchio: The bridge connecting Ragusa Ibla with the modern part of town is an icon of Ragusa. Walk over the bridge to admire the panoramic view of the two parts of the city.
7. Museo Archeologico Ibleo: This museum is dedicated to the history and archaeology of Sicily and Ragusa in particular. Discover ancient artefacts and historical treasures that tell the story of the region.
8. The Church of Santa Maria delle Scale: This church is known for its external staircase leading to the main entrance. Admire its façade and visit the interior to discover its artwork and decorations.
9. Conca d'Oro: Located in the vicinity of Ragusa, Conca d'Oro is a valley rich in citrus and olive groves. Enjoy a walk through the fields and admire the panoramic view of the valley.
10. Historical cafés: Take a break and enjoy a coffee at Ragusa's historical cafés, such as Caffè Sicilia. These cafés are famous for their traditional pastries and offer a unique atmosphere to relax and enjoy a quiet moment.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!