Here is a list of 10 things to see in Reggio Calabria during a trip:
1. Bronzi di Riace: This is one of the main treasures of Reggio Calabria, two bronze statues from around 2500 years ago representing Greek warriors.
2. Lungomare Falcomatà: Considered one of the most beautiful promenades in Italy, it offers a splendid view of the sea and the Strait of Messina.
3. Museo Nazionale della Magna Grecia: Located in the centre of Reggio Calabria, the museum houses one of the most important collections of ancient Greek art in Italy, including the Riace Bronzes.
4. Cathedral of Reggio Calabria: Built in the 17th century, this beautiful cathedral is an example of Baroque architecture and houses important works of art.
5. Chiesa degli Ottimati: This church, located in the historical centre of Reggio Calabria, is another example of Baroque architecture and houses valuable works of art.
6. Castello Aragonese: Built in the 15th century, the castle offers a spectacular panoramic view of the city and the Strait of Messina.
7. Pinacoteca Civica: Situated inside the Palazzo della Cultura, the art gallery houses a vast collection of works of art, including paintings and sculptures.
8. Musical Instrument Museum: This museum offers a fascinating collection of over 800 musical instruments from different parts of the world.
9. Teatro Comunale Francesco Cilea: Built in 1818, this is one of the oldest and most prestigious theatres in Calabria, with a beautiful neoclassical hall.
10. Villa Zerbi: This public park is an oasis of tranquillity in the heart of the city, with well-kept gardens, fountains and a relaxing atmosphere.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!