Here are 10 things to see in Rimini on a trip:
1. Arch of Augustus: This ancient Roman arch is one of the iconic symbols of Rimini. It dates back to 27 BC and is one of the few surviving Roman arches in Italy.
2. Malatesta Temple: This splendid Gothic Renaissance building was commissioned by Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta as his family church. It is famous for its frescoes by Piero della Francesca.
3. Piazza Cavour: This square is the heart of the historic centre of Rimini. It is surrounded by historic buildings, cafés, shops and restaurants and is an ideal place for a stroll or to enjoy an ice cream.
4. Tiberius Bridge: This Roman bridge, built during the reign of Augustus, spans the Marecchia river. It offers a panoramic view of Rimini and is said to still be walked by the ghost of Emperor Tiberius' wife.
5. City Museum: Located in the historic centre of Rimini, this museum displays a vast collection of archaeological objects that tell the story of the city from Roman times to the Middle Ages.
6. Rimini Beach: With over 15 kilometres of sandy beach, Rimini is one of Italy's top beach destinations. It is perfect for sunbathing, swimming or water sports.
7. Castel Sismondo: This medieval fortress was built in the 15th century by Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta. Today you can visit the castle and admire its Renaissance interiors.
8. Parco del Gelso: This urban park offers an oasis of tranquillity in the heart of Rimini. It is perfect for taking a walk, having a picnic or simply relaxing.
9. Rimini Fiera: If you are interested in trade fairs and business events, don't miss the Rimini Fiera. It is one of the main exhibition centres in Italy and hosts numerous events throughout the year.
10. Cinema Fulgor: This historic cinema is a real Rimini gem. Founded in 1925, it offers a wide selection of films and also organises film events.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!