Here are 10 things to see in Sassari on a trip:
1. Cathedral of San Nicola: Located in the heart of Sassari's historical centre, the cathedral is one of the city's main places of worship and features a beautiful Baroque façade.
2. Palazzo Ducale: This imposing palace dates back to the 14th century and is considered one of Sassari's most important historical buildings. Today it houses the Historical Museum of the Sassari Brigade.
3. G.A. National Museum. Sanna: Located inside the Palazzo Ducale, the museum houses a vast collection of art and archaeological artefacts that tell the history and culture of Sassari and Sardinia.
4. Piazza d'Italia: This central square is surrounded by historical buildings and offers a wide choice of cafés and restaurants where you can take a break and enjoy the atmosphere of the city.
5. Rosello Fountain: One of the symbols of Sassari, this fountain dates back to the 17th century and depicts a lion holding the city's coat of arms. It is located in the square of the same name.
6. G.A. National Museum. Sanna: Located inside the Palazzo Ducale, the museum houses a vast collection of art and archaeological artefacts that tell the history and culture of Sassari and Sardinia.
7. Parco di Monserrato: This park is a green oasis in the heart of the city of Sassari and offers ample space to relax and take a walk. It is also the ideal place to admire the sunset over the city.
8. Church of Santa Maria di Betlem: One of the oldest churches in Sassari, dating back to the 12th century, this church has a beautiful Romanesque portal and Gothic frescoes inside.
9. Teatro Civico: This theatre dates back to the 19th century and is one of Sassari's main cultural venues, hosting plays, concerts and cultural events.
10. Via Roma: This main street is full of shops, bars and restaurants and is an excellent starting point for exploring Sassari's historical centre.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!