Here are 10 things to see in Terni on a trip:
1. The Marmore Falls: one of the highest waterfalls in Europe, spectacular to admire and with the possibility of hiking in the surrounding nature.
2. The Cathedral of Terni: a majestic cathedral dating back to the 12th century, with a beautiful façade and decorated interior.
3. Terni's historical centre: a fascinating labyrinth of narrow streets, alleys and squares, perfect for a stroll to discover its most charming corners.
4. The Roman Amphitheatre: a well-preserved ancient Roman theatre, where performances and games were held during Roman times.
5. The Terni Archaeological Museum: an interesting collection of archaeological finds that tell the story of the city from Roman times onwards.
6. The Palazzo Mazzancolli: a historic 17th-century palace with an elegant inner courtyard and original frescoes.
7. The Temple of St Valentine: a church dedicated to the patron saint of Terni, with a beautiful façade and decorated interior.
8. The Church of San Francesco: a lovely Franciscan church, with a beautiful cloister and medieval frescoes.
9. The Villa Torlonia Park: a large public park with gardens, ponds and paths, perfect for a relaxing walk or picnic.
10. The Museo Diocesano di Terni: an art museum housing works by important local artists, including Pietro da Cortona.
And to discover all the curiosities of the city without unnecessary research, try our free map. Try Secret Maps. Thousands of legends, ghost stories, art treasures and many wonders await you!